From The Connection, the monthly newsletter of the Texas Health and Human Services System, July 2012
CAPPS Replacing Access HR, Will Offer New and Improved Features
Access HR is getting an upgrade and a new name with some new features. The change is expected this fall when Access HR becomes CAPPS, the Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System.The transition is part of Project One — the Legislature’s requirement to have all Texas agencies using the same accounting, payroll and human resources software.
While many things will stay the same with the current online, self-service human resources, timekeeping and payroll system — time and leave entry is essentially the same, earnings statements are the same, the selection and hiring process is the same — the upgrade will offer several new features and improvements, including:
- Online W-2 access and printing.
- More complete salary and compensation history.
- Limited access for former employees to enter address updates and obtain earnings records.
- More helpful reports for managers.
- New Performance Management module:
- Current and previous performance documents available.
- Employee option to enter his or her own performance notes.
The CAPPS upgrade update page has a presentation about the CAPPS transition highlights (in both PowerPoint and an accessible version) plus frequently asked questions.
Watch for CAPPS news articles in The Connection in coming months.